Regarded as the definitive source of information in the field, Infectious Diseases of the Fetus and Newborn Infant, 8th Edition, (PDF) remains your invaluable source for authoritative, state-of-the-art answers. Edited by Drs. Wilson, Nizet, Maldonado, Remington, and Klein, this fully updated reference assists you apply the latest evidence-based recommendations in the prevention, diagnosis, and management of infections found in utero, during delivery, and in the neonatal period in both premature and term infants.
- Consult this title on your favorite e-reader.
- Overcome clinical challenges in developing countries where access to proper medical care is limited.
- Form a definitive diagnosis and build the best treatment plans possible using evidence-based recommendations and expert guidance from world authorities.
- Examine what’s changing in key areas such as:- arising problems and concepts in maternal, fetal, and neonatal infectious diseases – anticipation and recognition of infections occurring in utero, during delivery, and in the neonatal period.
- Keep up with the most related topics in fetal/neonatal infectious disease including new antimicrobial agents, gram-negative infections and their management, and recommendations for immunization of the fetus/mother.
- Locate main content easily and identify clinical conditions quickly thanks to a consistent, highly user-friendly format now featuring a full-color design with hundreds of illustrations, and fresh perspectives from 6 new authoritative chapters lead authors.
- Stay on the cutting edge of your field with new and improved chapters including: obstetric factors associated with infections of the fetus and newborn infant; human milk; borella infections; bordetella pertussis and other bordetella sp infections; tuberculosis; herpes simplex; toxoplasmosis; pneumocystis and other less common fungal infections; and healthcare-associated infections in the nursery.
“A superbly updated classic recommended to all who offer care to the fetus and newborn.” ― JAMA
“An important and outstanding reference…very easy to pick up and read.” ― Clinical Infectious Diseases
“Its editors and authors are the clinicians and scientists whose work has advanced knowledge of maternal, fetal, and neonatal infections. For 30 years, this textbook has been the only best source of information in this area.” ― NEJM
“This has been a standard reference for 35 years and the editors have completed their objectives of providing a single source book in this area of medicine… This ebook is still without peer and many chapters represent the most comprehensive reference on the subject.” ― Jay P. Goldsmith, MD, Doody’s Review
NOTE: The product includes the ebook, Remington and Klein’s Infectious Diseases of the Fetus and Newborn, 8th Edition in PDF. No access codes are included.
There are no reviews yet.