The ebook The Legal Writing Handbook: Analysis, Research, and Writing 8th edition (PDF/Mobi) walks law students through every stage of the writing process from pre-writing, edition and drafting, to the final draft. A leading textbook for generations of law students, the latest Eighth Edition gives college students a head start as they move into practice.
The Legal Writing Handbook 8e (Aspen Coursebook) offers a complete resource on legal writing. Part I provides students with an introduction to the U.S. Legal System; Part II gives an overview of legal research, with both an introduction to research strategies and to sources; Part III introduces law students to predictive memos, e-memos, and client letters; Part IV covers motion briefs; Part V offers an overview of appellate briefs; Part VI introduces oral advocacy; Part VII is a guide to effective writing; Part VIII is a guide to correct writing, and Part IX focuses on the needs of ESL writers.
With a new streamlined organization and completely updated content, this is the only book on legal writing students will ever need.
New to the Eighth Edition:
- A new chapter introducing rhetoric and bias
- A streamlined organization with chapters focused on key topics
- New appendix with easy reference to all the Quick Tips to improve legal writing
- Updated and added discussion throughout the book on the role of bias in legal language and argumentation
Additional ISBNs: 0000000368, 1543830412, 978-1543830415, 978-1543830422, 978-1543838244, 1543838243, 9781543838244,
Professors and student will benefit from:
- Resources for ESL law students
- A helpful overview of the American legal system
- Step-by-step instruction on how to write motion and appellate briefs
- An in-depth instruction on how to write and edit effectively and correctly
- Multiple examples and sample documents—this textbook demystifies legal writing
- Step-by-step instruction on how to write formal memos, e-memos, and opinion letters
- Given the breadth of coverage, the ebook can be easily adapted for two-, three-, or four-semester programs.
- With online Connected Coursebook (not included) access, all students receive additional exercises with sample answers and other helpful resources.
We recommend the free Adobe Digital Editions (recommended for Mobile devices) or Calibre (recommended for Windows/Mac) to view the original MOBI ebook format.
NOTE: This sale only includes the ebook The Legal Writing Handbook: Analysis, Research and Writing, 8e in the original MOBI format. A converted PDF is also included. No access course or other material comes with the product.
There are no reviews yet.