Prepare to give pediatric patients the specialized care they deserve with the leading text in pediatric nursing. Written by pediatric experts, Wong’s Nursing Care of Infants and Children, 11th Edition, (PDF) takes an easy-to-follow and unique developmental approach to describe the care of children at every age and stage of development. This longtime bestseller provides an evidence-based, clinical perspective that shows how the quality of nursing care can impact quality patient outcomes. Childhood diseases and disorders are organized by relevant body systems and age groups and explained through the nursing process framework. This latest 11th edition features completely reorganized and updated chapters that present content in a very clear and easy-to-understand way. New Quality Indicator boxes paint a bigger picture of hospitals and how they look at safety and quality.
- UPDATED! Human Papillomavirus content significantly updated.
- Cultural Considerations provide cultural tips from clinical experts.
- Nursing Tips include helpful hints and practical, clinical information.
- UPDATED! The childhood cancer survivor section has significant updates.
- UPDATED! Integumentary dysfunction content now appears in chapter 32.
- Emergency Treatment boxes serve as a quick reference in critical situations.
- Drug Alerts highlight important drug-related information for appropriate, safe care.
- Critical Thinking Case Studies help you develop and test your own analytical skills.
- Nursing Alerts provides critical information that must be considered in providing care.
- Research Focus boxes emphasize research with concise reviews of important evidence.
- NEW! A new section on Chiari malformation added to the neurologic dysfunction chapter.
- NEW and UPDATED! New information on Rotavirus and Zika virus keeps you in the know.
- NEW! LGBT, Self-harm, and e-cigarette content added to the adolescent problems chapter.
- UPDATED! Updated RSV, influenza, and acute lung injury section in the respiratory chapter.
- Pathophysiology Reviews explain complicated disease processes with illustrated summary boxes.
- EXPANDED! Added emphasis on the impact of genomics and genetics on pediatric nursing care.
- UPDATED and EXPANDED! Disorders with behavioral components section significantly expanded.
- UPDATED! Carbon dioxide and Oxygen exchange information are now included throughout the textbook.
- Community and Home Health Considerations boxes focus on wellness information and illness-related topics.
- Nursing Care Guidelines offer clear, step-by-step, detailed instructions on performing specific procedures or skills.
- EXPANDED! The updated accidental poisoning section now includes cleaning solutions and liquid from e-cigarettes.
- NEW! Quality Indicator boxes present a bigger picture of hospitals and how they look at safety and quality, or Pediatric Clinical Quality Measures.
- Quality Patient Outcomes are discussed for major childhood diseases and disorders, showing how nursing care directly impacts patient outcomes.
- UPDATED! New Impact of Chronic Illness, Disability, or End of Life Care for the Child and Family chapter thoroughly combines 2 previous chapters.
- A focus on family-centered care emphasizes the role and influence of the family in health and illness with a separate chapter and Family-Centered Care boxes.
- Translating Evidence into Practice and Applying Evidence to Practice boxes helps you apply research to guide, support & improve the outcomes of nursing care.
- Atraumatic Care boxes contain techniques for care that minimize discomfort, pain, or stress, and provide guidance for performing procedures in a caring manner.
- UPDATED! A reorganized chapter on pain provides specific guidelines for pediatric pain management and assessment and focuses on common acute and chronic pain conditions and how to manage them.
- Nursing Care Plans provide models for planning patient care, with rationales explaining why specific nursing interventions have been chosen, and include patient/family goals, nursing interventions/rationales, nursing diagnoses, expected outcomes, and NIC and NOC guidelines.
NOTE: The pdf file of this ebook (Wong’s Nursing Care of Infants and Children 11e) has been converted from an epub file, hence the page numbers don’t match the physical copy of the book!
There are no reviews yet.